International Higher Education Scholarship Program
International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries. The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
Entitlements: The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance. Details of Scholarship Benefits
1. Airfare: The TaiwanICDF arranges economy class, return tickets for the most-direct flights to and from Taiwan.
2. Housing: All students must reside in student dormitories.
3. Tuition fees: The TaiwanICDFcovers tuition fees as required by a student’s university.
4. Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary with the number of credits registered, are also covered as required by a student’s university.
5. Insurance: In addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accident and medical coverage while in Taiwan. The TaiwanICDF covers insurance fees for the entire duration of a student’s program.
6. Textbook costs: The costs of textbooks purchased as required by instructors are covered by the TaiwanICDF, subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute.
7. Allowance:(1) Undergraduate Program: Each student receives NT$12,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.(2) Master’s Program: Each student receives NT$15,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.(3) Ph.D. Program: Each student receives NT$17,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis. A student’s host institute may offer to continue paying this monthly allowance for courses exceeding four years; the duration and amount will be determined by the host institute.