Huayu Enrichment Scholarship
The Ministry of Education (MOE) established the MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (MOE HES) to enhance exchanges between the Republic of China (Taiwan) and countries designated by the MOE by encouraging foreign students to study Mandarin in Taiwan and to deepen their understanding of Taiwan’s cultural and social developments.
I. Financial assistance
- A monthly stipend of NT$25,000.
Huayu Enrichment courses will include a two-month summer term (June to July 2018 or July to August 2018), along with short term classes, which may last 3, 6 or 9 months during September 2018 to August 2019(This office may decide the length).
b. With the exception of the summer classes, in principle, the duration of the scholarship is from September 1st 2018 to August 31st of the following year (2019). The scholarships may start in September 2018, December 2018, March 2019, or June 2019. If recipients fail to come to Taiwan for enrollment during the designated time, they will forfeit their scholarships.
c. Scholarship funding will become effective on the date of the recipient’s enrollment. Scholarship funding will end on the scholarship’s expiration date or if the scholarship is revoked.
- Each applicant shall:
- be of age 18 or older; possess a high school diploma or higher; have performed well at his/her most recent academic institution and be of good moral character.
- )be neither a Taiwanese national, nor an overseas Taiwanese compatriot.
- be neither currently enrolled in a Mandarin training center nor in a full-time degree program at any university or college in Taiwan.
- have never received any financial assistance under this or any other Taiwan Scholarship programs (offered by MOFA, MOE, MOEA, and NSC).
- not be an exchange student through an academic cooperation agreement between an overseas university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan.
- Recipients cannot accept any other R.O.C. government-sponsored scholarships or subsidies concurrently with this scholarship.
- For more information, please visit the Taiwan Scholarships and Huayu Enrichment
Scholarships website at https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw/web/engindex.html
- Contact person: Ms. Lau, Yea Ling Tel: +886-2-2236-8225 ext. 4211
- Terms and Conditions for Recipients
The recipient should study at a registered Mandarin Language Center approved by the MOE. (see appendix)
b. The recipient should apply for admission according to the regulations of the center. Once admitted, the recipient should send a photocopy of the admission letter to this office before June 15th 2018 (April 15th 2018 for the two-month summer course in 2018 ) for confirmation. Recipients who do not send their documents before the deadline will be disqualified from the scholarship selection process.
IV. Application period:
- Application period: February 1 to March 31 (subject to change).
- Application– Applicants need to submit the following documents to this office by March 31st 20XX:
An application form (see appendix ) (hard copy and soft copy)
b. A photocopy of his/her passport
c. A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
d. Photocopies of the applications to the registered Mandarin Language Centres
e. The terms of agreement with applicants’ signature (see appendix)
f. Two Letters of reference signed and sealed in envelopes
g. Short autobiography (no longer than 1 A4 page)
V. Scholarship Direction
VI. Chinese Language Center in Taiwan